35 and still growing strong!
«PHILOXENIA – the Greek word for hospitality - is one of the most significant exhibitions organized by HELEXPO. For the Greek and Southeastern Tourism Industry it is one of the most recognizable brands and the longest running tourism exhibition of Greece for more than 30 consecutive years now.
In 2018, the 34th edition of PHILOXENIA held last November had an increase in the number of its trade visitors, while the total number of visitors of Philoxenia and Hotelia reached 20,000.
PHILOXENIA is organized with the support and under the auspices of the Greek Ministry of Tourism with the participation as an exhibitor of the Greek National Tourism Organization, along with all the major national tourism bodies i.e. SETE, HATTA, HHF, HCoH.
- The conference is being held at the "N. GERMANOS», Pavilion 8, 2nd floor, Hall A
- Duration of the event 10:00 to 17:30
- There is available free parking in the Exhibition Center through the gate of Egnatia str.
- Attendance certificates will only be given to those who have been registered, at the end of the conference
- Online registration has been expired
Throughout its historical memory, cities over time have created their own 'dark' narrative with 'authentic' distinctive features, which in recent years, they have been the attraction for an alternative form of tourism, that of Dark Tourism.
This year's PHILOXENIA conference will attempt to explore the role that the "dark past" of a destination plays in the creation and attraction of Dark Tourism, especially for the city of Thessaloniki, which stands out many "dark" stories and paths, from antiquity to the recent years.